Mon, 22 March 2010
Ovie's SANS Forensic 408 class is coming up in Nashville, TN on May 3-7. If you're staying at the Marriott be sure you use the CyberSpeak Discount, COINS-OC.
- Luke sent us a photo showing him listening to the podcast from his Blackberry while on the beach in Miami
- Aaron, thanks for the email alerting us about the webpage
- Sorry we broke your CyberSpeak mood in the last show!
- Paul wrote us to say that while drinking his Shamrock Shake, Ovie scared the crap out of him when he screamed
- Bobby wrote in to tell us about his new Pro-Lite 2 from Amazon. Let us know how it works out Bobby!
News and Commentary
Snowball the Cat Helps Solve Murder Mystery
A murder suspect was caught based on cat fur picked up while at the victims house.
A Ex-Employee in Texas Remotely Disables Customer Cars
A man fired from a Texas auto dealership used an Internet service to remotely disable cars and set off car horns of more than 100 vehicles.
Today we have an interview with Joe Seanor, a former Senior AOL Investigator. Joe has developed the Internet Predator Tracker software. Joe spent 10 years with the CIA and also 7 years with AOL in investigative roles. Now he has developed a number of pieces of software to aid investigators in keeping notes on Internet investigations.
U.S. v. McAteer, 2010 WL 551412 (D.N.J.)
After obtaining consent, two FBI agents searched a suspect computer for child pornography. After a "preview scan" failed to turn up any evidence, the suspect gave consent for a manual search. During trial the defendant moved to suppress CP discovered during the manual search on the grounds that it exceeded the consent. The court, however, disagreed and found the defendant's consent not so limited.
Website of the Week