Sun, 20 December 2009
- Lots of email this week regarding the DECAF product and Interview
- Ovie is not against transparency, just wants responsible disclosure
Michael, one of the creators and developers of DECAF product spills the beans to Ovie.
News and Commentary
There's been a lot of coverage of this, most of it bad. But we've compiled a list of accurate stories for ya:
- Lots of media coverage, most bad, but a few good sources:
- Harlan Carvey's Windows IR
- Forensics Focus
- Digital Forensic Investigator
- Praetorian Prefect
- Reactivating DECAF in two minutes
Collection of Evidence From the Internet
Todd Shipley over at DFI News has a great article about collecting evidence from the Internet.
Scientific Working Group on Digital Evidence (SWGDE)
The folks over at SWGDE have done some great work on creating standards and strenthening the handling of digital evidence. Check out their recommendations and responses to other industry movments at their website.
Also check out the Forensics Certification board at http://www.ncfs.org/dfcb.
Website of the Week
Ovie: http://www.mint.com/ - Best free way to manage your money. Basically an online Quicken
Bret: http://www.dfinews.com/ - Great resource for forensic news
Check out Friends in Tech's Geek Christmas Story!